So much cloud news, so little time. Mike is back from Vegas and provides his trip report from Amazon’s re:Invent conference.
Hosts: John Kresic and Mike Kresic
Running Time: 44:04
IT Pro News
- Conference facts:
- Only the 6th AWS conference (hard to believe).
- Attendance more than doubled since 2015. This year announced as 43,000.
- 270 breakout sessions in 2015 up to 1,300 this year.
- Every keynote and breakout session is available, for free, on their YouTube channel
- Logistics for this growth were, predictably, a challenge.
- Every session I attended was jam packed. I was turned away from one that I had reserved because I was 5 minutes late. Lines formed in hallways over an hour before start time.
- Long lines for shuttle busses. Hotels 30 minutes apart made session scheduling a challenge.
- Nearly two dozen product announcements
- EKS – Kubernetes support finally comes to AWS. In preview now. Hybrid cloud compatible, highly available, automatic patches/upgrades.
- FarGate – in preview – lets you run Kubernetes as a managed service, so no servers, clusters or hardware to worry about.
- AWS Cloud9 – an IDE for writing, running and debugging your cloud code
- SageMaker – machine learning for the rest of us – comes loaded with the top 10 ML algorithms
- DeepLens – an HD video camera with onboard compute optimized for deep learning
- Amazon Transcribe and Amazon Translate
- Amazon Echo for business
- Amazon TimeSync service
- Google Cloud Platform Cuts the Price of GPUs By Up To 36 Percent
- Survey: Future IT pros should learn security and communication skills
IT Pro Bookshelf
- Catch up on all of the AWS reInvent sessions, including keynotes, at the AWS YouTube channel.
- Now available: Windows Server 2016 Security Guide!
[content_band style=”color: black” bg_color=”#4993d3″ border=”all” inner_container=”true”] [custom_headline style=”margin-top: 0;” level=”h4″ looks_like=”h4″]Help Us Spread the Word![/custom_headline]
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!
- Subscribe with Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio